The Earth is the Lords and the fullness therof; The World and They that dwell there in.

Why I'm Here

This blog is to record not only our current home, decorating projects and yard/garden projects, but also plan to add photos & posts from previous houses and locations we've lived. I have too many pictures to add this to our family blog.
Rather than posting by dates, I will be editing and adding to posts by theme, or areas of the house/yard, making up the chapters to this blog. The posts will be separate by years however.

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Well house & Red Raspberry (??) bushes

July 12, 2008
So I was showing my beautiful (raspberry???) bushes to my neighbor, and she informed me they were blackberries instead of black & red raspberry bushes! Now I honestly don't know, but If she is right, they were mis-marked when I bought them, as the tags were marked raspberry!

July 1, 2008
The raspberries are doing beautifully! I've been picking berries every day, usually around 1.5 cups. I'm freezing them to accumulate enough to make a batch or two of Jam. We'll see how much further they go than that. The kids have been pretty good about not picking them to eat, although it's been impossible to resist trying a few! They are deep purple when really ripe, and some about the size of a quarter!



June 2, 20088

My Raspberries have exploded!! They are also FULL of berry blossoms. I'm hoping the birds & rabbits will stay out.....












May 6, 2008






30 minutes- 173 calories burned...Had to dig most of the weeds/grass out along here, the soil is still pretty hard, especially with that crab grass.
My raspberry bushes look great! I just planted these last year, and they have really taken off.
I



April 23, 1008
don't know whether they are o.k. laying along the ground like this, or if I should tie them up along the side of the building. Guess I'll have to get out my handy garden/yard book & see if it gives me any clue!

No comments: