The Earth is the Lords and the fullness therof; The World and They that dwell there in.
Why I'm Here
This blog is to record not only our current home, decorating projects and yard/garden projects, but also plan to add photos & posts from previous houses and locations we've lived. I have too many pictures to add this to our family blog.
Rather than posting by dates, I will be editing and adding to posts by theme, or areas of the house/yard, making up the chapters to this blog. The posts will be separate by years however.
Why I'm Here
This blog is to record not only our current home, decorating projects and yard/garden projects, but also plan to add photos & posts from previous houses and locations we've lived. I have too many pictures to add this to our family blog.
Rather than posting by dates, I will be editing and adding to posts by theme, or areas of the house/yard, making up the chapters to this blog. The posts will be separate by years however.
Saturday, May 17, 2008
"Spring came on Forever"
This is a name of a book by a Nebraska Author, Bess Streeter Aldrich. I often think about the title, and wish we could know a little of that concept! It seems like so often here in Nebraska we go from Winter to summer, and then summer to winter with very little spring or fall either one. Both spring and fall are my favorite seasons, and seem like they are so short lived. This year I think we're getting a little taste of what the author was meaning by her title.
We've had some really really crazy weather, warm sunny days from the 70's to the 80's, then 2 days later a snow storm. Late blooming flowers and leaves on the trees. However I think maybe that's what has made this spring so long and drawn out was our bouts of cool weather to slow down the progress.
We've had quite a bit of rain the last couple weeks, with plenty of sunshine in between and the grass & what trees are leafed out are incredibly green! (It's reminding me very much of May 2000 when Jim and Lynisha were married!) The flowers seem to have more scent & are blooming longer.
I'm all for it! I could handle this weather for several months yet, but more than likely it will soon be replaced by hot and humid. Typical Nebraska summer weather.
We've had some really really crazy weather, warm sunny days from the 70's to the 80's, then 2 days later a snow storm. Late blooming flowers and leaves on the trees. However I think maybe that's what has made this spring so long and drawn out was our bouts of cool weather to slow down the progress.
We've had quite a bit of rain the last couple weeks, with plenty of sunshine in between and the grass & what trees are leafed out are incredibly green! (It's reminding me very much of May 2000 when Jim and Lynisha were married!) The flowers seem to have more scent & are blooming longer.
I'm all for it! I could handle this weather for several months yet, but more than likely it will soon be replaced by hot and humid. Typical Nebraska summer weather.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment